Google Grants for Female Students
As part of Google's ongoing commitment to encouraging women to excel in computing and technology, we are pleased to announce the 2009 Google TOOLS-EUROPE Conference Grant to encourage more female computer scientists to attend and participate in the TOOLS-EUROPE Conference, 29 June to 3 July in Zurich, Switzerland. We encourage all female computer scientists to apply.Two people will be chosen from the applicant pool to receive:
- Free registration for the main conference and the satellite workshops (29 June to 3 July 2009). Accommodation is not included.
- 300 euros for travel costs (awarded at the event)
- Be a student or working in the fields of Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a technical field related to the conference subjects
- Maintain a strong academic background and/or work history with demonstrated leadership ability
- Attend at least 3 full days of the TOOLS-EUROPE conference and workshops
To apply send, no later than Monday 18 May 2009, an e-mail to email@example.com with the subject heading '2009 Google TOOLS-EUROPE 2009 Conference grant' containing:
- your full name and email address
- current address, contact phone number and copy of photo ID
- your CV
- 1-page statement (no more than 300 words) about why you wish to attend TOOLS-EUROPE and why attending TOOLS-EUROPE is important to your research, work and/or future career
The winners will be notified by e-mail by Monday 8 June 2009 and their names will be published on the conference webpage.
No pre-payment of the travel grant is provided. If you are selected, you will receive a letter from Google announcing your award and payment will be made in person at the conference by presenting the letter to the onsite Google Grant Coordinator.